A few weeks ago at a close friend’s wedding we had an amazing meal that included the most delicious chicken skewers. My husband and I sat there (a few drinks in) and tried to figure out what they had been marinated in. Then, we declared we were going to attempt to recreate them at home. We’ve been through a few iterations and made a few tweaks, and I’m delighted to share our lemon-basil chicken skewer recipe with you today!
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (approximately one large lemon)
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2-3 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 bell peppers, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- In a medium bowl combine lemon juice, basil, oil, salt, and pepper. Stir in chicken. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Thread the chicken, peppers and onions on to pre-soaked skewers.
- Grill over medium heat, turning occasionally until chicken is cooked through (approximately 10 minutes)
What’s your favorite kabob or skewer combo?