I’m not at FinCon this year, but I love me a fiesta like no ones business, so I’ve joined the Frugal FinCon Fiesta! The fiesta is a 3 day blog party where you can ask me just about any question (today through Saturday) and I’ll respond right back here in this post. Don’t ask me math questions though, okay?
Party on, Wayne!
1. What is Brynn’s middle name? Harper!
2. What is my biggest fear? Dying, especially because I have young kids. ahhhhh
3. What was my first car? A 1990 Saab 900s.
4. What’s your plan for teaching your kids about personal finance? Good question! I’m still figuring that out, but I think just having open and honest conversations with your kids about money is important.
5. So, do you bake/cook because you like it, or because you have to? What’s are a couple of your favorite quick meals? Both! I enjoy cooking and baking when I have the time, which feels like a rarity now. I get a thrill out of discovering quick and healthy meals. One of my favorite quick meals: Pour salsa over pork or chicken and cook it in a slow cooker. Then shred the chicken or pork for tacos, burritos, etc. It’s so easy and so good! Also, check out my Black Bean Burritos!
6. What would be your dream frugal vacation? I think a staycation at home would be fun. Every day we could go on an adventure in our area (corn maze, apple picking, ride the ferry, Ben & Jerry’s factory tour, etc.) Every summer we go to Maine and spend a week at a friend’s camp on the lake. It’s a frugal, but super fun vacation!
7. What’s your #1 piece of advice to people who are preparing to have kids? I mostly like to reassure people that life after a baby returns to normal (new normal). I know for me, it was important to feel like I had my routine back and eventually I did!
8. What is one thing on your bucket list? I really want to go a big gymnastics meet. Nationals, Worlds, or Olympics.