This post was initially slated to be another maple recipe, but that didn’t happen. Stay tuned, though. I have one in the works.
Then, it was supposed to be a “Me Monday” post. You know, things about me…on a Monday. But, then it was almost Tuesday!
So, here we are on Tuesday with a rousing edition of 10 Things Tuesday! It’s not that I think I’m so important you need to know 10 things about me, rather I’m trying to get more consistent with blogging and a blog in motion stays in motion, so I need to write something!
10 Things Tuesday
- I’m running my first half marathon in 13 days. That’s 13.1 miles in just 13 short days!
- This morning while out for an early morning run I saw a large bird running close to the road. I completely panicked thinking that it might be a turkey that might want to chase me, so I turned around early and ran home. Giant brown bird: 1 Kara: 0
- We’ve been watching a lot of sport documentaries on Netflix lately. So far we’ve watched The Barkley Marathons, Dessert Runners, Inspired to Ride, and Valley Uprising. There’s something about watching people accomplishing amazing feats of athletic endurance that really puts 13 miles (or about two hours of my time) into perspective.
- This past weekend I had a sea salt caramel malt ice cream cone. There are no words. I’m still thinking about it.
- I’m getting a much needed and long overdue haircut tonight!
- We just bought tickets to see Chris Young (country artist) in August and I’m super excited!
- Any country music fans out there?
- We’ve reached the time of year I start to get overly ambitious ideas about my daughter’s Birthday cake. I keep looking longingly at unfrosted/naked ombre cakes.
- I’m so ready for summer! Just saying!
- The Daily Whisk is on Facebook! Check it out and give it a like!
Your turn! Share 1-10 things about you or your day!