Spring has arrived in Vermont, and with that has come the undeniable urge to clean, sort, and organize every single thing in my life. Nothing is safe!
However, I live in the real world and realize that I probably won’t get to all of these projects as soon as I’d like. But, a girl can dream, right?
These are the 10 projects at the top of my list, in no particular order. (Wow, I really like making lists of 10, don’t I?)
1. Organize the kid’s art supplies - Well, I guess this one is listed first because I’m in the middle of this project. I just need to label the boxes and we’re good to go!
2. Put away all our cold weather gear. GOODBYE winter!
3. Sort through each kid’s clothing, and deal with the emotional turmoil that comes along with my kids getting older.
4. Reorganize and declutter kitchen cabinets - I do this about twice a year. I pull everything out of the kitchen and rearrange it with the goal of having a super efficient and streamlined kitchen. Then, Matt can’t find anything for a few weeks, so naturally he loves it when I take on this project.
5. Sell unused furniture on Craigslist – We have a few pieces we no longer use, and they are cramping my style!
6. Offload baby gear we no longer need - Also cramping my style.
7. Sort and purge toys - It’s an embarrassment of riches in our toy room.
8. Paint our dining room - So much for refraining from home improvement projects, right? But, painting is a pretty inexpensive home improvement project, and I predict getting rid of the green accent wall in our dining room will quench all my home project cravings for at least six months.
9. Clean our home office - It’s not good, people. It’s really just not good. I can’t even go in there right now!
10. Lose those last 5 lbs - Just had to throw this one in there! I’m about 5 lbs away from my pre-baby weight and the “baby” is two in June. My deadline for this project is her birthday in mid-June.
What type of home or personal projects do you have the urge to tackle right now?