For anyone who is new here let me catch you up. I’m working toward a goal to reduce the amount of hours I work at my day job. I’m currently 100% FTE and I’d like to be 75% or 80%. I set my goal for June 2015, however realistically it would go into effect on July 1, 2015 as to align with the fiscal year. The work I do is grant funded and it would make the most sense to make the change with the fiscal year. I’m sorry did you fall asleep while reading that?
So, how was August?
I had a ton of successes in August:
- I started working with Cat which has been an amazing experience. In addition to getting expert knowledge and support, her inaugural class has created this little community that I just love and appreciate so much.
- I got a writing gig! That’s riiiiiiiiiiight.
- I feel more connected to the PF community.
- My Alexa rank is so close to breaking 200,000.
- My traffic is up, my followers are greater. I’m so grateful!
I had a few challenges too:
- The balance of work/blog/home can be difficult. Sometimes I wonder how in the world I’m going to make this happen and keep this pace sustainable. I keep reminding myself that I gave myself a year because I wanted to take it slowly.
August Side Income: $65
Goals for September:
- Figure out more of schedule and organized way to work
- Write a few guest posts
September will be without a doubt bigger and better. Stay tuned!
How did your goals fare in August? Tell me about a success and/or challenge. What do you have planned for September?